[Cartoweb-dev] Set layer dynamic label

zze-SIGALE PORTANERI F ext RD-BIZZ-SOP fportaneri.ext at rd.francetelecom.com
Thu Aug 18 04:28:41 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am writing a new project and a specific plugin where I would like to
change the label of the layers dynamically, depending on the data I have
to display in the layer: By default these labels are handle by the
'layers' coreplugin and the layers.tpl template.

- Is there a way to address these values from an other client plugin
('label' field is a private data of the layer class and I didn't find an
API to access it) ? Or should I have to rewrite/extend the coreplugin
'layers' in my project to implement this feature?

- In the sama way, is there a flag to avoid the display of an existing
layer dynamically  in the layers.tpl template? (hidden? frozen?)

Thanks
Franck