[Cartoweb-dev] Re: [Cartoweb-users] CartoWeb and projections & dynamic filtering

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Tue Aug 23 11:40:48 EDT 2005

Hello,

Sebastian Albrecht wrote:
> 1. Support the change of projections including polar projection
> This already works very well when I adjust the projection parameters
> in my mapfile. Would it be possible to include a projection change
> select box in the web frontend to change projections dynamically?
> I think the initial extent, the extent of the referencemap and the
> referencemap itself would have to be changed dynamically, too. I
> suppose I will have to make a new client/server plugin?! Do you have
> any proposals about that?

That would definitely be an interesting feature for CW3. I know that it
has already been suggested for some of our projects and might be
discussed during our next dev meeting. If you have any idea/solution,
don't hesitate to let us know about it!

> 2. Dynamic filtering
> Is it possible to do dynamic filtering of the processed data? This
> actually only means setting the FILTER parameter in the LAYER of the
> map file or via mapscript. In my app the user should be able to select
> two dates: BEGIN and END. Only data (from PostGIS table) which is in
> between these date should be shown. Again - any proposals?

I was told that one of our recent projects had a feature that might fit
your needs. Unfortunately I'm afraid the developer that did the job is
on vacation this week...

Regards,
AS