[Cartoweb-dev] Wms pb

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon May 7 06:20:50 EDT 2007

Hi Sylvain

you are using the WMSBrowser that was included in Cartoweb3.3?

if so, that plugin has quite a lot of limitation and wasnt 100% generic
(it will be replaced in the next release of Cartoweb)

the error message seems to indicate a problem occured when testing the
server url
the check is done in file WmsServermanager.php, function testServer
now there could be different problem: the server did not answer at all, the
server was too slow to answer, the server's answer was unreadable, the
server answer was correct but not understood.

a request is done with the server url +
'REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS'
if the server doesnt aswer to that request before 300 seconds (by default)
or the result is not something readable/understandable, it will be
considered bad and not added.

I just tried with
http://www.geosignal.org/cgi-bin/wmsmap?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS
and it seems to work fine. I also tried to include that server in the
Cartoweb demoPlugins project and it seems to work fine, so I dont really
know what could be the problem.

regards
Oliver