[Cartoweb-dev] Re: [Cartoweb-users] ignoring the map result cache

Frederic Back fredericback at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:24:44 EST 2008

Thank you very much for the quick answer!

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 12:00 +0100, Oliver Christen wrote:
> the problem is that when you update a feature in postgis, the map
> request do
> not change and the map in cache in used.
> so the solution is to simply deactivate the map result cache for
> project
> that use edition :
>
> profile = custom
> noMapResultCache = true
> in your project /server_conf/server.ini

This is not an option in our case, since we are using quite a few
external WMS layers, and that's our performance bottleneck. Caching is
vital for us.

> a possibility would be to flag some variable when a feature is
> add/modified/deleted so the cache will not be used
> the map result cache is handled in file /server/MapResultCache.php
> you are very welcome to propose a patch to solve this issue

Yes, I will do that.

I'm thinking about writing a GuiProvider plugin that looks for a
specific get parameter (for example "refreshCache") and then (on the
server side) tells the MapResultCache object to remove the cache file. I
will also have to modify the MapResultCache class to include such a
method (maybe "setResetCache" or something similar).

Do you think this is a sensible approach?
Or should I try to hack the core plugins instead?

Cheers!
Frederic