[Cartoweb-users] php startup error

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Fri Dec 2 04:19:40 EST 2005

Hello,

> "Parse error: parse error in
> /Library/WebServer/Documents/cartoweb3/cw3setup.php on line 271"

Line 271 contains a "throw" keyword, which is PHP5 specific (I don't see
other PHP5 stuff earlier in the code) => are you sure you are using PHP5
and not PHP4 ? To make sure, call
php htdocs/info.php (if the latter file is missing, create a new one
containing <?php phpinfo(); ?>).

> the other is when i open my browser to point to;
> An exception in early stage occured:
> object(CartoclientException)#35 (7) {
>   ["msg:private"]=>
>   string(48) "You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini"
>   ["message:protected"]=>
>   string(777) "You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini

Well, I guess it's a consequence of the previous problem: since your
cw3setup.php failed, some config were not correcty set?!

AS