[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb errors arising in Development Interface

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Fri Dec 9 08:38:57 EST 2005

Hello,

Oliver Ishmael wrote:
> parse_ini_file(c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/server_conf/ba_planning/ba_planning.ini)
> [function.parse-ini-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or
> directory in c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\common\StructHandler.php on line 59

> Warning: Failed to open map file
> c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/server_conf/ba_planning/ba_planning.map in
> c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\server\ServerContext.php on line 336

Ok I see what's wrong: you put your project data in the upstream
directories (c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/server_conf/) whereas you should have
put them in a dedicated project directory:

- create a "ba_planning" directory in c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects
- put your ba_planning.ini and ba_planning.map files in
c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\ba_planning\server_conf\ba_planning

> In addition C:\wamp\www\catoweb3\client_conf\client.ini has numerous
> config options but most are commented out with a ';' at the line
> beginning. What needs to be changed here and could someone provide an
> example of the URL structure.

C:\wamp\www\catoweb3\client_conf\client.ini is used both as a config
example and as a config file shared by all the projects in your CartoWeb
(it is inherited by all projects). Edit it only to change some settings
for all your projects. If you only need to adapt some config for a
single project, prefer doing it in the project-specific client.ini:

- create c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\ba_planning\client_conf\client.ini
- put in it the config parameters you want to adapt (you may take
example on the demoCW3 client.ini or on the test_main one):
c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\test_main\client_conf\client.ini
c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\demoCW3\client_conf\client.ini

Config parameters are detailed and explained in the manual:
http://cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.1/xhtml/user.config.html

HTH,
AS