[Cartoweb-users] filters

Gustavo Concheiro concheirog at si.edu
Thu Dec 29 01:47:52 EST 2005

I've been trying to figure this out for a while, with no luck.

Well, my PHP is rather bad still :-( but I do know my way around Mapserver.
What (urgently!) I need to filter a layer using the user's choice.  I can do
it with the CGI mapserver, just passing a variable from the html and then
using is to be replaced in the mapfile, in the SQL statement for example
like '%variable_to_replace%'.

But I just can't figure how to have Cartoweb pass this info!  I know that
Php-Mapscript can set filters.  I tried generating the mapfile with a
script: won't work, since I'd have some 1000 layers.

So, what I want, is an option element that the user can set, and will pass
the variable to Mapserver FILTER element to be replaced (that or in the SQL
query), so the layer is restricted to what the user chose.  Sounds simple
enought, can't figure it out!

Thanks in advance.

-Gustavo