[Cartoweb-users] Setting up Cartoweb3.1 Demo

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 16 07:16:24 EST 2005

Hello Paul,

it seems that you are using MS4W which provides PHP4.4.0 in its latest
version. The problem is that CartoWeb3 requires PHP5!

For instance, at line 50 of Common.php there is a "public" keyword, only
  available in PHP5. That's probably the reason of your parse error.

We are preparing a Windows installer for CartoWeb based on WAMP
(http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php), that provides PHP5 and all
other needed components. We'll post on the ML when it is ready. In the
meantime it is possible to install WAMP and then follow the manual
installation instructions, available at:
http://cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.1/xhtml/user.install.html#user.install.win32

Regards.
AS