[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb 3.1.0 Demo Installation on Windows

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Mon Nov 21 15:58:09 EST 2005

Hello,

> I'm still running into problems with this installation not helped by
> my lack of knowledge of 'php' and 'apache' (which i'm working on), so
> i'm sorry if i am persistent but i must thank both Alexandre and
> Sylvain for very quick responses.

If you're not used to Apache, MapServer and PHP, it is recommended that
you install  CartoWeb using the dedicated installer. I'm not sure you
have done so when reading your message (?).
Installers usage is described here:
http://cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.install.html#user.install.win32

> I've tried the suggested changes kindly offered by Sylvain and
> Alexandre (re-installation of wamp but unable to find reference line
> 'extension=php_soap.dll in php.ini.., nor is there a reference to
> 'extension=php_mapscript.dll) but i still get the following error:

WAMP does come with the SOAP extension but for some reason the latter
doesn't appear in WAMP php.ini extensions lists. That is not a big deal:
just add "extension=php_soap.dll" after the other extensions lines in
your php.ini.
Concerning "extension=php_mapscript.dll", you may as well add it in your
php.ini but it is not necessary when using the CartoWeb installer.

> Warning:dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers
> - use extension=php_mapscript.dll in your php.ini in
> c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\server\ServerContext.php on line 316.

There are 2 possible reasons for this:
- you installed CartoWeb using the CartoWeb installer but forgot to
restart your web server: click right on the WAMP icon in your system
tray - bottom right of the screen - > "restart all services"
- you installed CartoWeb+MapServer by hand: in that case you need to add
yourself "extension=php_mapscript.dll" in the php.ini file.

> Fatal error: Exceptions must be valid objects derived from the
> Exception base class in
> c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\CartoserverService.php on line 107.

=> it's a consequence of an incorrect SOAP activation in your WAMP
setup. See above.

> Also, should i change the 20 x replace 'require_once' CARTOWEB_HOME
> .' with the 'c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3' location in the 'Cartoclient.php?'
>
> and should i change the 12 x replace 'require_once' CARTOWEB_HOME  .'
> with the 'c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3' location in the 'Cartoserver.php?'

Absolutely not! It is not necessary (and not recommended) to modify
CartoWeb "upstream" PHP code (PHP files that are not located in the
projects/ directory). The CARTOWEB_HOME constant is automatically set by
CartoWeb.

> Could the 'php_Mapscript.dll' be missing here?.
Have a look in your PHP extensions dir (C:\wamp\php\ext in standard WAMP
installations).

AS