[Cartoweb-users] Using the selected object in the layer in my own plugin

Eduard Witteveen e.witteveen at HAWARIT.COM
Thu Oct 6 11:27:29 EDT 2005

Hello list,

Currently im trying to make my own ClientTestPlugin which extends
ClientPlugin and implements GuiProvider. In this plugin i want to use
the selected objects, which are stored inside the ClientTable.php.

The loop i want to do inside my ClientTestPlugin would be something like:

>         $xml = "<gisdata>";
>         foreach ($tableGroups->group as $group) {
>             foreach ($tableGroup->tables as $table) {
>                 if($table->numRows > 0){
>                     $xml .= "<layer name=" . $table->tableTitle . ">";
>                     $xml .= "<meta>";
>                     if(!$table->noRowId) {
>                         $xml .= "<field index=\"true\" name=\"" .  Id
> . " />";
>                     }
>                     foreach($table->columnTitles as  $column) {
>                         $xml .= "<field>"  . $column . "</field>";
>                     }
>                     $xml .= "</meta>";
>
>                     foreach($table->rows as $row) {
>                         $xml .= "<object>";
>                         if(!$table->noRowId) {
>                             $xml .= "<data>" . $row->rowId ."</data>";
>                         }
>                         foreach($row->cells as $value) {
>                             $xml .= "<data>"  . $value . "</data>";
>                         }
>                         $xml .= "</object>";
>                     }
>                     $xml .= "</layer>";
>                 }
>             }
>         }
>         $xml = "</gisdata>";

The problem is that i dont know how i should access this $tableGroups,
which is stored inside the ClientTables.php (private). I know that the
value is also assigned to Smarty under the key='tables', but i also dont
know how to access it.

Ofcourse i can hack-around and change the access-rights of the
core-plugin, but i'd rather dont do this.

PS: i want to select also polygons with this plugin, it would be nice if
i could use the same design pattern,...