[Cartoweb-users] How to make a project with Cartoweb3.2.0?

Thomas Cernocky cernox at inm.es
Thu Apr 13 07:38:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

For 2 weeks, I’m trying to make a Cartoweb3.2.0 application, but without any
success!

I’ve got win2000 Prof. with Wamp correctly installed. The Demo is working
perfectly

I tried to install my application following 3 ways:

1º) The official book.

2º) http://www.alolise.org/wiki/index.php?title=CartoWEB3 , but I think that
it was good for another version, because the structure is not the same as
mine (folder image is named projectimage; no project’s “Data Folder” on the
tree structure, PO folders,
)

3º) The HowToCreateANewProject but the result of my project is:

Warning: getLayerByName failed for : cartoweb_point_outline in
C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\plugins\outline\server\ServerOutline.php on line 356

Fatal error: Call to a member function getClass() on a non-object in
C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\plugins\outline\server\ServerOutline.php on line 361

AND I have this structure in my Mapfile:

###########

  # outline #

  ###########

  LAYER

    NAME "cartoweb_point_outline"

    TYPE POINT

    CLASS

      STYLE

        SYMBOL "circle"

        COLOR 0 0 205

        SIZE 10

      END

      LABEL

        TYPE TRUETYPE

        FONT "Vera"

        SIZE 7

        COLOR 0 0 0

        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

        POSITION lc

      END

    END

  END

  LAYER

    NAME "cartoweb_line_outline"

    TYPE LINE

    TRANSPARENCY 100

    CLASS

      STYLE

        OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0

        SYMBOL "line-dashed"

        SIZE 3

      END

      LABEL

        TYPE TRUETYPE

        FONT "Vera"

        SIZE 7

        COLOR 0 0 0

        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

        ANGLE auto

        POSITION uc

      END

    END

  END

  LAYER

    NAME "cartoweb_polygon_outline"

    TYPE POLYGON

    TRANSPARENCY 60

    CLASS

      STYLE

        COLOR 255 153 0

        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

      END

      LABEL

        TYPE TRUETYPE

        FONT "Vera"

        SIZE 7

        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

        COLOR 0 0 0

        POSITION cc

      END

    END

  END

I admit to have some problems with the layer.ini structure, but I would like
to see at least the keymap or something of my project
.

Is there a fourth install guide? Or somebody have some tips to add to one of
those 3 methods?

Thanks.