[Cartoweb-users] warnings during cw3setup.php

Kenton Williams Kenton_Williams at umit.maine.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:39:01 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am having some difficulties with my first Cartoweb project (see the messages I've sent regarding the error messages stating that a child layer cannot be found).  I was wondering if there is a problem that happens during the cw3setup.php script
execution.  When I run cw3setup.php to setup my new project, here is the output I get:

cgdweb at cgd:~/site/cgddemo/cartoweb3$ php cw3setup.php --install --base-url http://www.geodatacommons.umaine.edu/cgddemo/cartoweb3/htdocs/
installing
Creating directories
Setting permissions
Copying .ini.dist files into .ini (if not existing)
Copying/linking ressources into htdocs
Copied <files>.in into <files> for projects: all
Launching makemaps script for projects: all
Launching po2mo script for projects: all
Warning: Project demoCW3 base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project basic base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project demoPlugins base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project test_query_hilight base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project cgd_mapfile base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project demoEdit base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project test_location_continuous base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project test_project base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project test_dave base URL not set in client.ini
Warning: Project test_main base URL not set in client.ini
Installation finished...

The demoCW3 project has a file in the cartoweb3/htdocs/ folder named demoCW3.php, used to run the project from a browser.  I assumed that the cw3setup.php script creates these files, but after finishing the script, my project (cgd_mapfile) just has
a folder created /cartoweb3/htdocs/cgd_mapfile/  but no .php file.  I just copied the demoCW3.php file, renamed it and changed the reference to demoCW3 in the code to my cgd_mapfile project.  Is this the correct manner to get a project running or
did an error happen that is causing my other problems?

Kenton W.