[Cartoweb-users] Refreshing from another url

oliver oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Apr 24 02:22:17 EDT 2006

One solution is to have a javascript function on the opener side that check, say, every 5 sec, if the opened page is still open.
something like:

function isopenCheck () {
  var delay = 5000;
  timerID = self.setTimeout("checkOpen()", delay);
}
function checkOpen() {
  if (window.name_of_the_opened_window && window.name_of_the_opened_window.open && !window.name_of_the_opened_window.closed) {
      try {
        name_of_the_opened_window.location.href
      } catch (e) {
        // if error, then cant access property, hence, domain changed
        //do action
      }
  } else {
    // do other action
    return;
  }
}

this will only work if you open the external page via a windows.open javascript function, but it should do the trick

Regards