[Cartoweb-users] Installing Demo Plugins

Thomas Shaw tshaw at ubicalo.com.mx
Mon Aug 21 10:27:17 EDT 2006

Hello; I have been developing applications along some months with mapserver;
somehow one day I was navigating at the Internet and I found Cartoweb. I
read a little about it and finally now I know that it is a robust and
reliable GIS platform. I'm glad that I found this great tool!

So by know I'm just asking for somebody to help me with the installation of
the Plugins, Routing and Edit Demos. I started trying to install the Plugins
Demo and I realized that I needed the following:

1.- Install PostgreSQL > 8 --> and I did it

2.- Habilitate PHP with the option -with=pgsql configuring and recompiling
it --> and I did it

3.- Then I loaded the postgis support to Pgsql and the demoPlugins dbs --> I
did it successfully

4.- After the above steps I tried to run cartoweb, but I got an error, I
searched it at the Internet and I found that I had to change in the
lib/php/DB/pgsql.php file the following:

            In the function connect --> DB::assertExtension('pgsql') to
PEAR::LoadExtension('pgsql')

So I did it and apparently it worked well (since I finally accessed the
demoPlugins application) but when I tried to search a place in the map, I
got the following error and I don't really know how to solve it:

Failure

Class : CartocommonException

Message : Error [2, pg_connect() [ <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "192.160.1.36" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?,
/usr/local/apache/phpcgi5/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php, 125]
Backtrace:

file: UNKNOWN - UNKNOWN
call: Common::cartowebErrorHandler(2, "pg_connect() [
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect> function.pg-connect<...",
"/usr/local/apache/phpcgi5/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php", 125, Array(5))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 125 - /usr/local/apache/phpcgi5/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: pg_connect( <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect> "host=192.160.1.36
port=5432 dbname='demo_plugins' user='postgres...")
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 556 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/include/pear/DB.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: DB_pgsql- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect> >connect(Array(9),
False)
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 91 -
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/projects/demoPlugins/coreplugins/demoLocat
ion/client/ClientDemoLocation.php <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: DB- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>connect("pgsql://postgres:secret@192.160.1.36:5432/demo_plugins")
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 153 -
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/projects/demoPlugins/coreplugins/demoLocat
ion/client/ClientDemoLocation.php <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: ClientDemoLocation- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect> >getDb()
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 183 -
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/projects/demoPlugins/coreplugins/demoLocat
ion/client/ClientDemoLocation.php <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: ClientDemoLocation- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>namesList("district", "dffd")
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 619 -
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/coreplugins/location/client/ClientLocation
.php <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: ClientDemoLocation- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>handleIdRecenter(Array(44))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 270 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/common/PluginManager.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: ClientLocation- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>handleHttpPostRequest(Array(44))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 285 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/common/PluginManager.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: PluginManager- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>callPluginImplementing(Array(2), Array(1))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 574 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/client/Cartoclient.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: PluginManager- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>callPluginsImplementing(Object(ClientDemoLocation), "GuiProvider",
"handleHttpPostRequest", Array(1))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 850 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/client/Cartoclient.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: Cartoclient- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>callPluginsImplementing("GuiProvider", "handleHttpPostRequest", Array(1))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 1027 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/client/Cartoclient.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: Cartoclient- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
>doMain("GuiProvider", "handleHttpPostRequest", Array(44))
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 38 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/htdocs/client.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: Cartoclient- <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect> >main()
 <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
file: 3 - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/htdocs/demoPlugins.php
<http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
call: require_once( <http://maproweb/function.pg-connect>
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maproweb/htdocs/client.php")

I'll appreciate a lot if you can help me with this issue in order to
continue with the other examples installation and then start learning more
about cartoweb.

Thank you in advance

Greetings

Thomas Shaw