[Cartoweb-users] Adding new language on Cartoweb3

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Aug 31 05:47:17 EDT 2006

Hi Helder,

if you want to use multiple languages, be sure to have installed gettext.
This is the engin taking care of translation.
If you use linux there should be a gettext package. On widows, install the
Complete package from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gettext.htm

once you have done the cw3setup --install once, it should have created the
.po files for your project
then you simply have to copy .po files and name them client.pt.po,
your_project_name.pt.po, server.your_project_name.pt.po and server.pt.po

then simply add all the translations text in the corresponding msgstr

once you have finished, do a cw3setup --install again so the .po get
compiled to .mo

in your project configuration file client.ini and set the following
parameters:
defaultLang = pt
if you only want portuguese, set :
langList = pt