[Cartoweb-users] Alternative layers

Giorgio Plazzotta plazzotta at tiscalinet.it
Fri Feb 3 14:55:44 EST 2006

I was searching in the cartoweb legend infos something that i could refer to
as "alternative layers".
The goal is to manage situations when there is a huge vector file that we
decide to resample using the GIS desktop application into more layers
representing the same elements (ex. streets) but with different quality. So
let's say that i create 3 different shapefiles with streets with different
quality. We set 3 different layes in the mapfile paying attention to set,
for each of them, a visibility range that don't intersect the others.
This can be managed by the mapfile, but what happens in the cartoweb legend?
In this case the very useful "out of scale" function causes a problem
because we will see all the 3 layers in the legend with all their classes
while in this case we probably wanted to see only the visible layer and not
the out of scale ones.
Maybe this can be done someway with the settings that are already available
(please tell!), otherwise it could be useful a parameter that disable for
the out of scale layer such as  layers.streets.viewifoutofscale =  false

Giorgio

as and i wonder if there is a way to obtain the following results:

-