[Cartoweb-users] question

oliver oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Feb 6 06:00:29 EST 2006

Hi Victor,

it seems php5 is not installed correctly.

1) try to uninstall cartoweb3 and wamp. Be sure to remove everything. Delete the 'wamp' folder (in c:\ ).
2) install Wamp 1.4.5a
3) test if php is installed correctly: open a browser and type http://localhost/
    A page will be displayed. You will see "Tools" and under it 'phpinfo( )' . Clic on 'phpinfo( )' . Normally a page will be displayed with all the php informations. This means php is installed correctly.

If php can not be installed correctly, maybe there is a problem with Windows. Either try to fix that (contact Wamp's support) or reinstall Windows (in last resort)

If php is installed ok:
4) install Cartoweb 3.1
5) RESTART Apache (clic on the wamp icon in the lower-right part of your screen, and select 'restart all service')
6) open a dos window (Start menu->Run and type 'cmd')
7) go to C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\
8) type "C:\wamp\php\php.exe cw3setup.php --install --base-url http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/"
9) cartoweb will start configuring, it may takes some time. If you see "Installation finished..." at the end then everything is allright.
10) open a browser and type http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/

Regards

Oliver Christen
Camptocamp SA