[Cartoweb-users] Installation of gettext

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 4 12:52:36 EST 2006

OK. Pay attention that your command-line PHP (PHP-cli) might be
different from your webserver PHP. Thus you may have gettext enabled
when using a browser whereas not in command line (when executing
testgettext.php).
To make sure try the following command:
php -i | grep gettext
or look for gettext in:
php -i | less

Anyway if your "web" PHP is gettext-enabled and if gettext binaries are
installed on your computer, you should be able to use gettext
translation with your cartoweb.

Have you tried running the demoCW3 project? It provides FR and EN
example translations. Installing this project is quite easy: after
installing CW3, simply type "php cw3setup.php --fetch-demo".