[Cartoweb-users] Implementing a History

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at geocontent.de
Thu Jan 19 07:16:51 EST 2006

Hi,

I have been thinking about extending the Location plugin by some history
functionality. I am now thinking about the best way to do this. My idea
was to implement it completely on the client side in about the following
way:

* store the current bbox during initializeResult() in an array in
locationState and
    - check that the history does not grow beyond a certain size
(specified in ini-file)
    - check that the same bbox is not stored consecutively
    - some more integrity test and cleaning ...
<http://dict.leo.org/se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=consecutive>* add two
buttons, like the pan- or fullExtent-buttons to the template
* handle the history buttons by issuing BboxLocationRequest

I would like to know, whether this would be a good way to realize a
history? One problem that I see with this approach is, that the View
Plugin stores the current history with a view, since (as far as I
understand it) the plugin stores/loads the whole locationState object.
Is there a possibility to load/store views without changing the history
array inside locationState? Maybe store the history independent of the
locationState object?

Regards,
Dirk