[Cartoweb-users] Creating a new project

Valerio Noti valerionoti at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 23 10:42:17 EST 2006

Hi all,
I followeb tips of HowToCreateANewProject in wiki area but I'm a little
confused about the use of cw3setup.php --install...
Each time I use this command, it modifies mapInfo.loadPlugins parameters in
myproject.ini (server_conf)

Example:

1) I created a new project copying democw3 project and I called it italy: it
works.
2) I then configured the demoPlugins project and used this command:

php.exe cw3setup.php --install --base-url
http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/ --config-from-file
projects/demoPlugins/demo.properties

Now DemoPlugins project works and connects to postgres for search plugin but
when I try to open my italy project it
tells me that Cannot load DemoRouting plugin.

3) I open file

C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\italy\server_conf\italy\italy.ini

and I found the string:

mapInfo.loadPlugins = outline, hilight, layerReorder, routing

changed by the last cw3setup.php command.

I modified in:

mapInfo.loadPlugins = outline, hilight, exportPdf

and now my project works again.

My question is:
Does the install command of cw3setup.php modify all the cartoweb projects or
something went wrong during these changes?

Thanks in advance

Valerio