[Cartoweb-users] tile index for lot of layers

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Sun Jul 9 05:57:12 EDT 2006

Hi,
in order to manage a lot of layers, I've read about tile index. what about
pros and cons ?
In my first release I've organized the layers so a user can turn a layer on
or off by accessing it in two way : as for theme (rivers.map1,
particels.map1 ecc) and for position (map1.river map2.river ecc).
Unfortunately I've reached the maximum number of layers 200... and I nedd
about 800... I've started to study the tile index solution (afteryour kind
suggestion), that seems easier then recompiling the mapserver ( I've tried
but it's an hell way in win xp).
Is there something who has already done it ? Is there a performance
improving ?
Is it possible to have tile indexed layers and normal layers in the same map
file ?

thanks in advance and best regards.

Giu

 Sponsor:
 Conto Arancio: 3.50% per tutto il 2006! Scopri come
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5042&d=20060709