[Cartoweb-users] tileindex and layer.ini

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Mon Jul 10 18:40:16 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm testing the tile index tecnique which consists on condencing some layer
of the same theme and the same features into a index_layer, so one can
manage a lot of number of layers.
I've inserted a text as following in the .map and .map.ini :

  LAYER
    NAME "F636_PRG-IDX"
    STATUS ON
    TILEINDEX "F636_PRG-IDX.shp"
    TILEITEM "F636_PRG-IDX"
    TYPE POLYGON
  END

then I tryed to update the layer.ini, according to the folowwing :

; layers
layers.root.className = LayerGroup
layers.root.children =  Layers, City
layers.root.rendering = block

layers.Layers.className = LayerGroup
layers.Layers.children = [...some other layer...],  F636_PRG
layers.Layers.label = Layers

[...some other layer...],

layers.F636_PRG.className = LayerGroup
layers.F636_PRG.children = F636_PRG-IDX
layers.F636_PRG.label =  F636_PRG

layers.F636_PRG-IDX.className = Layer
layers.F636_PRG-IDX.label = F636_PRG
layers.F636_PRG-IDX.msLayer = F636_PRG-IDX

On running after a good compilation I got :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in
C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\common\StructHandler.php(47) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in
C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\common\StructHandler.php(47) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in
C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\common\StructHandler.php(47) : eval()'d code on line 1

But I can see the Map and the box for choosing the layer but on turning the
PRG layer on I got :

Class : SoapFaultWrapperMessage : Mapserver error: Error in msDrawMap():
Failed to draw layer named 'F636_PRG-IDX'.
Error in msSHPOpenFile():
(C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/projects/F636/server_conf/F636/F636_PRG-IDX.shp)
Error in msSHPOpenFile():
(C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/projects/F636/server_conf/F636/data/F636_PRG-IDX.shp)

and a serie of other error.

Is there an error in the layer.ini
Is there anyone who can help me ? Does Cartoweb support the tile inedx
tecnique ?
could the auto layer tecnique  be used togheter ?

Thanks and best regards.

Giu

 Sponsor:
 Grande Offerta di Benvenuto Cassine di Pietra:
36 bottiglie di ottimo vino veneto direttamente a casa tua!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3923&d=20060711