[Cartoweb-users] Pgdijkstra and PostGIS problems

Ville Antti Ensio Leinonen levian00 at students.oamk.fi
Wed Jul 12 04:10:29 EDT 2006

 	Hi all. I have problem with PostgreSQL, PostGIS and Pgdijkstra. I
have shapefile wich i have shp2sql and insert it to postgis database and
it's working. The Problem comes when i try to use Pgdijkstra. I follow
instruction to point where i need use assign_vertex_id('elements', 0.1):
I get following error messages, depending luck.

ERROR:  relation with OID 159110 does not exist
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  id, the_geom FROM vertices_tmp WHERE
distance(the_geom,  $1 ) <  $2 "
PL/pgSQL function "point_to_id" line 7 at select into variables
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 14 at assignment

above with modified assign_vertex_id and orginal

some times with orginal i get even whine about
constrains enforce_dims_the_geom problem.

my modified assign_vertex_id build vertices_tmp table out from
assign_vertex_id function and it worked few times with windows
installation. Now with linux installation i keep getting those "relation
with ..." errors.

with windows installation i get to point where dijkstra.README told me to
use create_graph_table() wich didn't work too.

Any idea howto get pgdijkstra to work. Wrong version from postgres or
postgis ?

Win: postgres 8.1, postgis 1.1.3, pgdijkstra from cartoweb win install
link
linux gentoo: postgres 8.0.8, postgis 1.1.2 and pgdijkstra from latest
stable cartoweb source packakge

--          Ville Leinonen		--