[Cartoweb-users] pgdijkstra vertices

Hassan hechy_man at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 13:44:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

 I succesfully installed the pgdijsktra module and I can get result from shortest_path function.

 I am having a slight problem finding the right vertice to use in the function.

 I have my shape file lets call it road.shp which is loaded into pgsql. The table road has a source_id, target_id, and a geometry the_geom.

 Now road_vertices and road_edges also exist as well as vertice_tmp. Given a the_geom from road table, how can I find its corresponding vertice to use in the shortest path function.

 Thanks!!

 - Hassan Adekoya
 NYC Department of City Planning