[Cartoweb-users] New project problem - browser wants to download php instead of running it

Pebble Puppy pebble_puppy at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:26:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

After successfully installing and running demoCW3, I am now creating a new
project of my own, following the guidelines in
http://cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToCreateANewProject.

Everything is going fine with the project until I get to the "Your Own Data"
section.  After going through the 6 bulleted items in that section, when I
try to run 'http://localhost/cartoweb/mytest.php' which has previously run
just fine, I now get a pop-up window prompting me to either open the
mytest.php or save it to the local disk.  The web site does not open.  When
saving to the local disk the mytest.php is empty.

I've checked the permissions and have gone through the steps again.  But the
problem persists.  Any ideas on what I should be checking for next?

Thanks, Robert