[Cartoweb-users] No image on new session

Valerio Noti valerionoti at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 1 03:37:33 EST 2006

Jean-Guilhem,
it seems a random problem. It occurs when cartoweb tries to get something
previously saved from mapresult cache.
If mapresult cache is empty all works fine, if not when user calls two times
the same image (ie. the initial map image on reset session, a saved view,
ecc) ramdonly  it could not be able to generate it.
It is not dependant on os (i experienced it with winXp and win2003 server
and you with linux) or cartoweb version (the same problem occurs with 3.1
and 3.2).
Instead of disabling the cache for the moment I wrote a little basic script
that cleans the mapresult cache folder every few minutes.
This is not a definitive solution but it avoids most errors.

Regards

Valerio