[Cartoweb-users] A question related with using pgdijkstra module

Fay Du fay.du at versaterm.com
Wed Mar 1 10:01:35 EST 2006

Hi all:
     I have a question related with using pgdijkstra module. The module
calculates optimized path node by node. My network is a transportation
network, if I have a point somewhere in the area, for example, it can be
a car's location from GPS, and the point is not on any edges of the
network. What is the quick method to match the point to a node in the
network?  Are there any examples somewhere? How does Cartoweb demo match
city to a node in its transportation network? I can search the nodes and
find the closest one by specifying a searching distance (for example,
starting with 100 meters, then increasing by 10 meters if no node find,
and giving up is the searching distance reaches 1000). Thanks in
advance.

Fay