[Cartoweb-users] Edit.ini

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at camptocamp.com
Mon May 22 07:19:12 EDT 2006

Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have done the following :
>
> http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToCreateANewProject
>
> with some changes :
>
> the SHP file is in PostGIS !
>
> Now, I 'm following the instructions to load edit plugin :
>
> I have written map file with correct METADA object, I have written all
> configurations file in the wright way (I think !!) but I am not able
> to display edit plugin on my client. Why ?

Mostly, you need some elements in you cartoclient.tpl template.
Il you look at the cartoclient.tpl, you'll notice several elements
related to editing :

 - edit.css link,
 - edit li element (label4),
 - corresponding folder (folder4),
 - (not compulsary folder for editing end-user help),
 - include for the third group's tools in the toolbar,
 - and the edit_div element at the end of template.

You'll have to add those different elements to your project specific
cartoclient.tpl template if you want the editing plugin to work.
Also don't forget to load the plugin on both client and server side.

> How can I write edit.ini ?  Can you help me please ?

The edit.ini file must contain a parameter "edtiLayers" that lists the
layers you want to be editable. This must correspond to postGIS layers.
You have an example in the demoEdit project.

Regards

Pierre GIRAUD