[Cartoweb-users] I have some problem ?

Baroudi Malek baroudi.malek at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:53:09 EDT 2006

Hello
The test scripts saying that Gettext was not installed correctly. I
think that, at least for me, the problem came from the fact that
Cartoweb uses two letters codes for the language, such as de, en or
fr, whereas my system (Debian Testing) uses longer locale names, such
as fr_FR or fr_FR at euro.

Here is how I fixed it :
- in /usr/share/i18n/locales, added a symbolic link "fr" pointing to
"fr_FR at euro <http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/cartoweb-users>"
:
ln -s fr_FR at euro
<http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/cartoweb-users> fr

- added a line to /etc/locale.gen (editing /etc/locale.alias does not
seem to be enough) :
fr ISO-8859-15

- run locale-gen.

After doing this, the sh and php tests say "Gettext is OK, well done
!", and the version of the demo project in French becomes available.

Bye