[Cartoweb-users] Plugins

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Mon May 29 10:57:47 EDT 2006

Hello,
I'd like to create a plugin to manage postgis Layers : create layers, export
and import layers.
First of all, what is the difference between client side and server side. the
aim of the client side code, is it to create dynamic content for the
interface and the server side to realise request, calculation, ... ?

So about my plugin, I will use a template to display the form (to create a new
layer), the client side will be empty (may be not) and the server side will
do the request into the postgis DB ?

If I extend the edit plugin with my own class. Can I use all config parameter
of this class (like parameter for the connection to db) ?

Last (but not least), how does cw3 to use plugin ? I know that the name of the
plugin and the files have to be the same (well almost), but I don't know
exactly the plugin is run ... Can you help me ?

Thank you !

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin