[Cartoweb-users] Help: User Management Plugin

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 29 07:04:53 EST 2006

Anyway users management is a bit out of the scope of a web-GIS. Perhaps
you'd better write or use a dedicated piece of software in parallel?

Oliver Christen wrote:
> then you should extend the auth plugin and add the new functionnalities
> you need.
> see
> http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.3/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html#dev.newplugin.adapting.extending
>

> regards
> Oliver
>

>> in standard cw3 the auth Plugin didn't SUPPORT add/update/delete table
>> user/roles but the auth plugin only check login or logout user. Any
>> sugestion how to do to override the auth plugin to SUPPORT
>> add/update/delete
>> table user/roles.....???
>>

>> oliver-7 wrote:
>>

>>> There arent any tutorial, but it is quite clearly explained in the doc:
>>> http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.3/xhtml/user.security.html#user.security.auth.users_roles
>>>

>>> in this exemple, a database's table 'users' simply contains a users,
>>> passwords and roles column, and thats it.
>>>
>>> dbSecurityQueryUser: The SQL query to perform to check a
>>> username/password
>>> pair is valid.
>>> It should return a row if the pair is correct.
>>> For instance: "SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='%s' AND
>>> password='%s'".
>>>
>>> dbSecurityQueryRoles: The SQL query used to retrieve roles for a given
>>> user.
>>> It should return one column with all roles for the user each row.
>>> For instance: "SELECT roles FROM users WHERE username='%s'"

Alexandre Saunier
Camptocamp SA
PSE A
CH-1015 Lausanne

ATTENTION nous avons changé de numéros de téléphone :
PLEASE take notice of our new phone numbers:

+41 21 619 10 19 (direct)
+41 21 619 10 10 (centrale)
+41 21 619 10 00 (fax)