[Cartoweb-users] Howto highlight points on map based on results returned from sql database

Max Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 13:54:21 EST 2006

Hi,

I have the same problem as described above. I can
retrieve the informations and recenter with the
coordinates returned from my database (located in
another machine), but I can't draw the point in the
map.

I've developed a recentering plugin, similar to the
one used as example found here:

http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToWriteaRecenterPlugin

Thus, I created a class inside the main file, using
the code mr. Alexandre posted:

class ClientPointDraw extends ClientOutline{

     public function setPointsCoords($pointsCoords) {
         $shapes = array();
         foreach ($pointsCoords as $point) {
             $shape = new StyledShape;
             $shape->shape = $point;
             $shapes[] = $shape;
         }
         $this->outlineState->shapes = $shapes;
     }
}

The main class, makes the call of this function, and
although there is no sign of error (the recentering is
done normally), it doesn't draw anything.

The main class:

class ClientRecenterLatLong extends ClientPlugin
         implements GuiProvider, FilterProvider {
//Declarations, functions, etc.
public makeSearchNome($searchStringNome) {
//...

//after retrieving all the values from the file.tpl
elseif (!empty($searchStringNome)){
  $latLon =$this->makeSearchNome($searchStringNome);
  if(!empty($latLon)){
    $eastNorthing =
          $this->converteLatEasting($latLon[0],
          $latLon[1]);
    //calling the function that would draw the point
    ClientPointDraw::setPointsCoords($eastNorthing);

    $request->setValue('recenter_x',$eastNorthing[0]);
    $request->setValue('recenter_y',
$eastNorthing[1]);
}

What is wrong with the code? Why doesn't it draw the
recentered point?

Thanks in advance,

Max H. Ueda