[Cartoweb-users] How to identify start node and end node in shortest_path_astar when the user click 2 points on the map?

Nguyen Thi Van An anntv84 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:07:54 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm  doing a project which needs to find a shortest path between two
user's clicked points. I already  install successfully  pgRouting.

I use this function:
SELECT * from shortest_path_astar('SELECT gid as id, source, target,
length as cost, x1, y1, x2, y2 FROM roads', 3, 7, false, false);

But the problem is that I can't identify exactly the start node and end
node to find path. I already have the start point and end point of the
user. But they don't select correctly the points on my roads. So I can't
draw the path correctly on the map (The path begins with their start
clicked point and ends with their end clicked point)

Anybody has experiences with this? Please help me!

Thanks so much.