[Cartoweb-users] Problem ini file parsing and question about switches

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at geocontent.de
Fri Apr 13 05:01:37 EDT 2007

Hello,

1. I have extended the exportPdf plugin to handle copyright strings. The
plan is to define the strings in exportPdf.ini in the following way

copyright.0.layers = layer1, layer2, ...
copyright.0.text = "Copyright message 1"
copyright.1.layers = layer3, layer4, ...
copyright.1.text = "Copyright message 2"

Then I would like to retrieve the information in the client part of the
plugin. However, as soon as the definition are added to exportPdf.ini, I
get the following error while Cartoweb is loading

PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting T_STRING
or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' in
C:\www\cartoweb3\common\StructHandler.php(47) : eval()'d code on line 1

If I remove the numbers from the keys, e.g. copyright.layers instead of
copyright.0.layers The error disappears. Since the same kind of
definition work in locate.ini, I am a little confused.

2. I am still looking for a possibility to handle more than 200 layers
in one project. Since an extended plugin and recompiling mapserver are
(currently) not an option, I thought about using children switching.
Therefore, I divided the layers into two groups with less than 200
layers each and assigned a switch to each group. The map files for the
switches are generated, but each file contains all layers. Based on the
documentation I thought that the mapfiles generated for one switch would
only contain the necessary layers. Am I doing something wrong? Is it
possible at all to handle that many layers using children switching?

Thanks,
Dirk