[Cartoweb-users] Creating a filter plugin

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at geocontent.de
Tue Apr 24 05:47:19 EDT 2007

Yes, we use persistent query results. I thought about it again and came
to the conclusion that synchronizing query results can not work
correctly in all cases. Since the boundary of the area queried is not
saved, the result can not be extended if the new filter is less
restrictive then the original one. Therefore, the best solution would be
to remove all persistent query results (of the layer with the filter) if
the filter changes. Question: How can the filter plugin remove the
persistent results?

By the way, I was wondering, why I can set the DATA item of a layer
object via the MapOverlay plugin, but not the FILTER. Wouldn't that be
the better way to filter data? Or is it not possible to set the FILTER
item via mapscript?

Thanks,
Dirk