[Cartoweb-users] MyFirst Plugin

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Aug 12 12:45:36 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I am trying to write a simple, static plugin that displays a dropdownbox
on the cartoweb GUI, for now it doesn't have to do anything. I just want
to check if I am capable of taking the first steps in writing plugins.

I did the following:

I created the required directories:

<myProject>/plugins/myplugin
<myProject>/plugins/myplugin/client
<myProject>/plugins/myplugin/templates

in client I created a file Clientmyplugin.php
in templates I created a file myplugin.tpl

In the myplugin.tpl I have the following code:

<SELECT NAME="myplugin_select">
<OPTION VALUE="">
<OPTION VALUE="1"> Project 1
<OPTION VALUE="2"> Project 2
<OPTION VALUE="3"> Project 3
</SELECT>

As you can see, it is very static.

In Clientmyplugin.php I have the following code:

class Clientmyplugin extends ClientPlugin
implements Sessionable, GuiProvider
{

    /* here comes your plugin client class definition */

}

In the client.ini.in; I added myplugin to the loadplugins= line

In my customized cartoclient.php I added

{if $myplugin_active|default:''}
   {$myplugin}
   {/if}

As you can see, I just want cartoclient to load the dropdown when it
starts up.

Problems I run in to:

- Setting the activation parameter for a plugin in cartoclient.php is
not documented
- A simple method in the client to parse the template to cartoclient.php
is not documented

Is there anybody that can help me with these simple steps?

--

Milo van der Linden
skype: milovanderlinden <skype:milovanderlinden?add>

De informatie in dit bericht reflecteert mijn persoonlijke mening en
niet die van een bedrijf of instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen
rechten worden ontleend. Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een forum,
mailing-list of community dan gelden automatisch de bij het betreffende
medium behorende voorwaarden. The information in this message reflects
my personal opinion and not that of a company or public body. All rights
reserved.If this message is contained in a mailing-list or community,
the rights on the medium are automatically adapted.