[Cartoweb-users] Group layers in .map file?

Brendan Walashek at GolfingVancouver.com brendwal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:20:47 EST 2007

Do I understand this correctly...
For Mapserver, you can use the following:

In the myproject.map file:
----------------------------
LAYER my_layer1
GROUP "my_layer"
END

 LAYER my_layer2
GROUP "my_layer"
END
-----------------------------

This works in a normal Mapserver environment by calling the "my_layer" group
name which will call both layers "my_layer1" AND "my_layers2".
BUT, in Cartoweb, in Layers.ini, calling the group layername "my_layer" does
not work.  It comes up with an error saying it cannot find the "my_layer"
group.

Basically I want to call multiple layers in the .map file by ONE name.  ie.
multiple shapefiles by one layer name (a group).  Did it before using
Cartoweb with Mapserver.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

*Brendan Walashek
GIS / 3D Mapping / Custom Applications*