[Cartoweb-users] creating new projects

Max Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 05:41:17 EST 2007

Hi,

Well, I found this URL at the list in an old topic,
regarding a minimal project.

It contains the minimal (duh) files to run a project.
By modifying this project and gathering resources from
other projects (funcionalities from Geostats, Plugin
Demo, etc.), I've learnt some stuff, together with the
documentation.

Download the files, and make them run, then, study the
code,then, try the things you have in mind.

http://nergens.org/projects/cartoweb/

Cheers

--- Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> For one of my project I create a php script which
> can create some config
> file : mapfile, layers.ini and outline.ini file if
> wanted.
>
> You can download the script here :
> http://wiki.gloobe.org/doku.php?id=cw3_scripts
> With some informations (in french sorry).
>
> A short explanation :
> php-cgi scripts/makemapfile.php --install --project
> script
> --data-dir /var/local/ --outline --layers
> --filter 18,36,37,28,41 --postgis
> pgsql://postgres:postgres@localhost/edit_db
>
> --install : run the script
> --project : create files for this projects
> --data-dir : use this directory to retrieve spatial
> data and some config
> files. The script use the directory tree to create
> the same tree in the
> layer.ini file
> --outline : option to set up outline.ini file
> -- layers : option to create layers.ini file
> -- filter : do not use file which contains this word
> --postgis : create postgis layers in the mapfile and
> in the layers.ini files.
> Use the geometry table to do so.
>
> Config :
> You have to create some config file :
>     * /url/path/
>     * /url/path/config/
>     * /url/path/config/config.ini
>     * /url/path/config/raster.ini
>     * /url/path/config/vector.ini
>     * /url/path/rep1/fichier2.shp
>     * /url/path/fichier1.shp
>     * ...
> /url/path is your dataDir option.
> config.ini is the header of the mapfile !
> raster.ini and vector.ini are special config file.
> If you use a name close to
> one of your spatial data, this file will be used for
> the class parameter.
>
> Ths script is licenced under a GPL licence. Do not
> hesitate to improve it ;-)
>
> Y.
> Le Jeudi 18 Janvier 2007 07:35, Andre Schoonbee a
> écrit :
> > I have a few questions in creating a new project:
> >

> > a)       If I have a complex mapserver map file
> (or any mapfile) is there a
> > standard application or utility that can help in
> generating the layers.ini,
> > or is all manual editing??
> >
> > b)      What cause the following error:
> >

> > Warning:

parse_ini_file(C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/server_conf/Trumpet/Trumpet.ini)

<http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/function.parse-ini-file>

<http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/function.filemtime>
> ]: stat failed for

C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/server_conf/Trumpet/Trumpet.ini
> in
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\server\ServerContext.php on
> line 297
> >
> > Fatal error: Uncaught exception
> 'CartocommonException' with message 'Error
> > [2, Cannot modify header information - headers
> already sent by (output
> > started at
> C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\server\ServerContext.php:487),
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\FormRenderer.php,
> 447] Backtrace: file:
> > UNKNOWN - UNKNOWN call:
> Common::cartowebErrorHandler(2, "Cannot modify
> > header information - headers already sent by
> (outp...",
> > "C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\FormRenderer.php",
> 447, Array(1)) file: 447 -
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\FormRenderer.php
> call: header("HTTP/1.1 500
> > Internal Server Error") file: 1226 -
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\Cartoclient.php call:
> >
> FormRenderer->showFailure(Object(SoapFaultWrapper))
> file: 38 -
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\client.php call:
> Cartoclient->main() file: 3 -
> > C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\Trumpet.php call:

require_once("C:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\client.php")