[Cartoweb-users] Update 3.2 to 3.3 or uninstall first?

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Jan 26 04:25:17 EST 2007

Hi Oliver
(I always find it funny to say hi to an homonym ;) )

first you should check the compatibility issues between 3.2 and 3.3
http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/IncompatibleUpdates?#head-c0443030f84ec6bf24dc6227007dc13e473b6f49
especially in the case you developped plugins for your projects

the main problem that arise when upgrading are the templates and the tools
configurartion (pay attention to the query tool note in the incompatibility
page)

You can very well keep several version of cartoweb running, simply install
the new version in another folder.
Then copy your project in the new version projects folder and run the
ce3setup script with the common install options

I would strongly suggest backuping your current cartoweb and projects
version somewhere else, as Murphy law can strike at anytime.