[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb 3.4.0 slow and stuck

Volkmar Herbst herbst at gc-i.de
Sat Jul 28 08:41:59 EDT 2007

Dear all, I have a serious problem with a site where the performance is very
slow. Especially when the user zooms in, it takes ages to created display
the image and sometimes it gets stuck completely. I checked the processes
(Windows2003 server 2 processor 3,4 GHZ, 6 GB RAM) but it seams that
resources are not a problem. I configured the application but did not add or
change any of the php or java code. I use postgis data and have to display
about 12 layers of which the largest has 60 000 features. That should go
much faster.

I also checked the cache options (an of course profile production) but no
result. I checked with shapefile (thought that it might be the postgis
configuration) but it was only slightly better,.

Does anybody have any ideas what else I could try???

Or anybody experienced the same problem???

Thanks for any hints

Volkmar