[Cartoweb-users] Gettting the Edition plugin to work

Broun Uganda tekuganda at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:06:00 EDT 2007

Thank you for your reply
I still have a problem, when i select polygon(s), the editable features are not rendered that they can be edited (they appear like in a query) but with a radio button at the end. Therefore i can't click one and change its value. Is that something to do with with permissions or the arrangement of metadata? maybe if i solve that it will solve the rest.
Thank you

From: oliver.christen at camptocamp.comTo: tekuganda at hotmail.com; cartoweb-users at lists.maptools.orgSubject: Re: [Cartoweb-users] Gettting the Edition plugin to workDate: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:32:33 +0200

Hi

the roles are declared in client_conf/auth.ini
to be able to use the edition, a role must equal "editor"
see the example files in the demoEdit project

security_view is a keyword and cant be changed. what you can set is its value.
its explained in http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.security.html
www-data is related to the operating system and is what is used by php or postgres to write data, it has nothing to do with the user and roles withing Cartoweb .

as for the edition interface, I suggest you read the tutorial http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToUseTheEdition
If something doesnt work as expected, it is most probably because of a bad installation or configuration.

As for the metadata related to the edition, they are listed there:
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.edit.html
most of the metadata are linked to the database, the last one, "edit_attributes", list all the attribute which are recovered from the DB table and transfered to Cartoweb and that you can then set via the edition interface.