[Cartoweb-users] How to create a project with more than 200 layers?

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at geocontent.de
Thu Mar 8 03:23:21 EST 2007

Hello,

we just tried to added the 201. layer to a mapserver project.
Unfortunately, mapserver quits, since the version used only supports 200
layers. Is there any way to have more than 200 layers in one CartoWeb
project without recompiling mapserver?

If not, I am searching for a way to create the mapfile dynamically. My
first idea was to create a mapfile on each call. The generated file
should only contain the active layers. In that context, I have the
following questions:

1. Are there any other suggestions on how to do this?

2. Which plugin would have to create the mapfile?

3. How can I create a filename for the mapfile that is unique in a session?

Thanks for any help,
Dirk