[Cartoweb-users] help: routing files

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Tue May 1 02:40:40 EDT 2007

Hi Andreas

shp2pgsql is a small program that comes with PostGIS (the gis extenstion for
Postgres)
see http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2587880 for more infos
this program allow you to import shapefiles data into postgis database

you can have a look at Chris Tweedie tutorial which is ok for beginner:
http://chris.narx.net/2005/12/14/build-your-own-routing-solution/