[Cartoweb-users] cv3.4 manual install on windows - client "failure"

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Nov 5 02:53:00 EST 2007

Hi

you didnt really have to install the ms4w package, you could simply have downloaded the Cartoweb3 .zip archive and uncompressed it somewhere in existing www folder beside your old Cartoweb installation.
The ms4w package is merely intended for people who dont have the required environment already installed.

about your problem, somehow the soap extension dll in php is either not loaded or is conflicting and since the default project use soap, it miserably fails.

If you are NOT using Cartoweb with soap mode enabled (different server for Cartoweb client and server part), then you can simply ignore this problem by setting cartoserverDirectAccess=true in the client.ini file (or client.ini.in)(you can set it by project)

otherwise, check the extension is correctly loaded in php.ini. If thats the case, I must sadely report I have no precise idea whats going wrong.