[Cartoweb-users] Unable to load view containing layer session

Matthias Buchs matthias.buchs at unifr.ch
Tue Nov 27 04:56:36 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I want to use the views plugin to store and restore session data of
several standard CartoWeb plugins (location, layers, query). My
environment is as follows:
- MapServer 4 Windows - version 2.2.6
- CartoWeb 3.4.0
- Layer names and attributes contain french accents and german umlauts

The client.ini:

loadPlugins = exportPDF,outline,views

; Views configuration
viewOn = true
viewStorage = file
viewablePlugins = location,layers
viewAuth = all

ajaxOn = true

EncoderClass.config = EncoderISO
EncoderClass.output = EncoderISO

Saving views works fine. However, whenever I try to load a view I get
the following exception:

Class : CartocommonException
Message : Error [2, __clone method called on non-object,
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php, 508]
Backtrace:

file: 508 -
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php
call: Common::cartowebErrorHandler(2, "__clone method called on
non-object",
"C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.ph...",
508, Array(1))

file: 536 -
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php
call: ClientLayers->getLayersSecurityFiltered()

file: 549 -
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php
call: ClientLayers->getLayers()

file: 916 -
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php
call: ClientLayers->getLayerByName("root")

file: 952 -
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\layers\client\ClientLayers.php
call: ClientLayers->getLayersMask("root", False)

file: 227 - C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\client\ClientPluginHelper.php
call: ClientLayers->buildRequest()

The views configuration works fine without the layer plugin. Does
anybody know how to solve the problem?

Thanks Matthias