[Cartoweb-users] encoding in pdfExport

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Oct 15 09:01:52 EDT 2007

Hi

it seems fpdf is a bit limited with "non-standard" characters and need some
tweaking to reproduce these characters correctly.
there is some infos on the fpdf tutorial
http://www.fpdf.org/en/tutorial/tuto7.htm
somehow, simply adding a
$pdf->AddFont('some_font_name','',''some_font_name.php');
 and$pdf->SetFont(''some_font_name','',35);when adding the text block should
solve the problem
but I havent yet looked exactly where in the plugin this should be done.

I also noticed there is an utf8 extension for fpdf, but I dont know if it
would be difficult to use it:
http://acko.net/blog/ufpdf