[Cartoweb-users] Is there anyone that has the mapOverlay working?

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Sep 13 03:48:37 EDT 2007

3DSiteHi

sorry for the lack of documentation of mapOverlay, but between the example given and actually looking inside the code of the plugin, there should be plenty enough info.

about HowToReturnDataFromServer, you dont need to use wsdl unless you are using Cartoweb in SOAP mode, which I dont think is the case. This doesnt apply in direct mode.

you only need to delare a class and corresponding object in the common part.

there are 2 classes, one for the client->server request, and one for the server->client answer
class YourpluginRequest and YourpluginResult,
and they contain the definition of the object you pass from client to server and server to client,
respectively the object returned by the function buildRequest() on client side and the object returned by one of the functions on server side (it depends which function are used in your plugin)

have a look at existing plugin code, the outline plugin is a good example