[Cartoweb-users] virtuale scale and real scale

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Thu Sep 13 16:48:12 EDT 2007

Hi Oliver,
I've pointed that when
I put the scale to 1000 (or 1/1000), in the map 1 mm is egual to 1 meter,
well, if I print the map and I try to measure it by using a real line I see
that the map is stretched.
I don't know if it is only my experence. Please, try to print a Map after
setting the scale to a normalized value as for example 1/1000, now on your
paper try to measure a distance by using a line: the number of n millimeters
should correspond to n meters, but the line will measure a different number
of millimeters

Bye