[Cartoweb-users] how to switch on layer from javascript

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at camptocamp.com
Tue Sep 18 10:14:03 EDT 2007

If you need to switch on a layer while you recenter on a specific
feature in this layer, please note that you can also do this writing a
small and simple plugin using the FilterProvider interface. This might
be simplier than with the javascript approach.

Attached is a sample client-side plugin class code that we often use for
this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pierre

--------------------
/**
 * @package Tests
 */
class ClientFilterIdrecenter extends ClientPlugin
                             implements FilterProvider {

    public function filterPostRequest(FilterRequestModifier $request) {

        $id = $request->getValue('id_recenter_ids');
        $layer = $request->getValue('id_recenter_layer');
        $layers = $request->getValue('layers');

            // add the layer if not already selected
            $layers[] = $layer;
            $request->setValue('layers',$layers);
        }
    }

    public function filterGetRequest(FilterRequestModifier $request) {}
}