[Cartoweb-users] Displaying MapInfo tables

Damien Corpataux damien.corpataux at camptocamp.com
Tue Dec 16 11:49:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

You have to use the OGR component for mapserver to support mapinfo file
types.

Here are some links about your concerns:
http://maps.tikiwiki.org/Tutorial:%20Mapfile%20Editing&structure=Tikiwiki%20Mapserver#Mapinfo_TAB
http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogr_howto

Careful: you cannot mix shape type within a single mapserver layer, your
mapinfo files should therefore contain only one shapetype per file.

Regards,
Damien Corpataux

Nadège Tillet wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have tried to send an email last week but I think it didn't reach
> you, so I'm trying again...
>
> I am just starting with Cartoweb and my goal is to visualize some
> MapInfo tables with Cartoweb.
> I have created my project as explained in various tutorials but I
> don't understand how I create a .map file for my MapInfo tables.
> Do you have an example of a .map file that I could use ?
>
> Sorry for this very basic question.
>
> Nadège

Camptocamp SA
Damien Corpataux